Wednesday 30 December 2009

The laundry, the lunch and the wardrobe ..oh and The Wire


A day finally with no trips or required visiting, so laundry had to be done. As the first change of the year I have changed my fabric conditioner (woohoo don't I know how to live the high life!). K has suffered with patches of eczema in the past so we have always stuck to fairy which we know her skin can tolerate, today however I have used comfort tropical which smells divine. Just hope it doesn't make K itch, I don't have the time or motivation to separate our clothes from the childrens so we all go tropical or nothing!
(Physical and Environment).


Happiness rating for tropical smells - 7 out of 10.


Lunch today was due to be a roast ham with roast potatoes, vegetables and all the trimmings however motivation was lacking and so I ended up roasting my ham but having it with oven chips (McCain crinkle cut) and eggs. Certainly cut down on the prep! Twas lovely and simple and a veritable feast. K and L even got to eat theirs in front of the telly as a special treat.

Happiness rating for ham egg and chips - 6 out of 10

Today I finally got round to ordering some wardrobes for our bedroom. We moved in September and were promised wardrobes from a friend of my parents - they have not been forthcoming. Military houses always have fitted wardrobes and so we had never needed any before. As a result our bedroom looks like a jumble sale with cases and temporary hanging rails and its driving me crazy!! So I have bought the above wardrobes in the sale in B & Q. I have got walnut cabinets with black gloss doors though which will match in with my cast iron bed. The £800 they (and the matching bedside tables) cost me had better be worth it, but as I am really poor at the moment the purchase has made me a bit anxious.
(Physical and Environment,Material Possessions).


Happiness rating for getting the wardrobe situation sorted out - 9 out of 10




And finally ...... I bought the entire box set of The Wire on DVD for my husband for Christmas expecting many months of episode watching. Last night (despite complaining all day he was tired and being generally grumpy because of it) he watched 5 episodes back to back meaning he wasn't in bed till well after 2am! He has also taken to speaking in American street slang which sounds ridiculous coming out of his mouth (this is a man who had to watch 8 Mile with subtitles on to be able to understand it). Just hope this addiction isn't going to result in baggy jeans with his pants showing and super bling trainers. He's just too... middle classed for all that!

4 comments:

  1. Those wardrobes look gorgeous. I so envy you having a new bedroom look. I'm desperate for one! My husband won't part with our antique wardrobes as they've been in the room for generations.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he! Looks like you are off to a good start on the happiness front! I know that feeling of living without wardrobes - we used large cardboard boxes that doubled as our bedside cabinets when we first moved into this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, my name is Sue and I stumbled upon your blog whilst visiting The Diary of a Frugal Family. Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you. Happy New Year to you and yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue and Working Mum xx CJ I'm much more of an antiques wardrobe girl myself but S wants new or nothing so there you are. Have found myself ridiculously excited by the fancy pull down rail though. Little things for little minds eh?

    ReplyDelete