Saturday 2 January 2010

A Cheesy Nightmare and Back to Work Blues...and how God can hoover you up.


Well I can honestly say I am a super grump today. We have taken the Christmas Decorations down which normally makes me really quite content (its that feeling of space and tidiness I think) but not today and its mainly due to the back to work blues. Now I do really quite like my job and it is in fact the realisation that I have to get organised and do some work now to be ready to go back to work on Monday thats annoying me. Its a load of planning and fiddly paperwork and there is nothing more guaranteed to make me grumpy than paperwork at anytime of the year. Added to that, my obsession with list writing has come to the fore, resulting in two lists of "work things to be done" which instead of motivating me has just made me grumpier still. I'm tempted to just throw them away and only do what people ask from me (I really won't do this, I'm far too much of a control freak!)

(Intellect)


Back to Work Blues - 2 out of 10. (grump, grump)


Adding to my general grumpiness I have realised I may be allergic to cheese. Two encounters with the cheese board over the holidays have resulted in chronic tummy ache - no fun at all. Interestingly L is not so long out of his lactose intolerance so maybe we have it all wrong about food intolerances, maybe they move from host to host like some sort of parasite - or maybe not. Boo, I love cheese too (although my hips could do with a break from it)

(Physical)


Possible Lactose intolerance -1 out of 10


And finally .... K and L were engaged in a lively theological debate this morning following the hoovering up of the pine needles after the Christmas tree was banished to the garden.


K: " Watch out L, you'll get sucked up by the hoover".

L: " No K, I'm too big to get sucked up into the hoover ...... maybe when I'm deaded".

K: "When your dead?" (hysterical giggling)

L: "Yep God whooshes you up to heaven with a big hoover, like Augustus Gloop in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

K: "Who told you that?"

L: " I just know"

K: "Hmmm. I think I know that too"


(Relationships)


Joy at the pure brilliance of this string of thought - 9 out of 10

1 comment: